The Bamboo Eco-park is a 3-hectare park located in the St. Francis Xavier Seminary in Pacdal Liteng, Baguio City. It is a popular tourist destination and a great place for nature lovers to relax and enjoy the natural beauty of Baguio.
The park houses a variety of bamboo species, including giant bamboo, black bamboo, and golden bamboo. The park also has a number of walking trails, a bamboo bridge, and a meditation garden.
The Bamboo Eco-park was created in 2020 by the St. Francis Xavier Seminary as a way to showcase the beauty and diversity of bamboo. The park was designed to be a place for people to relax and enjoy nature.
The park is open to the public from 7:30 AM to 4:30 PM, seven days a week. There is no admission fee to the park, but donations are encouraged.
Features of the Bamboo Eco-park
The Bamboo Eco-park has a variety of features that make it a great place to visit. These features include:
- A bamboo forest: The bamboo forest in the park is home to over 100 different species of bamboo. Visitors can walk through the forest and admire the tall, towering bamboo trees.
- A bamboo bridge: The bamboo bridge in the park offers stunning views of the city. Visitors can walk across the bridge and get a bird's-eye view of Baguio.
- A meditation garden: The meditation garden in the park is a peaceful place to relax and reflect. Visitors can sit on the benches in the garden and enjoy the tranquility of the surroundings.
- Walking trails: The park has a number of walking trails that wind through the bamboo forest. Visitors can hike the trails and enjoy the fresh air and scenery.
How to get to the Bamboo Eco-park
The Bamboo Eco-park is located at the St. Francis Xavier Seminary in Pacdal Liteng, Baguio City. The park is easily accessible by car or taxi. From the city center, take Session Road north until you reach Pacdal Liteng. The park will be on your right-hand side.
Tips for visiting the Bamboo Eco-park
If you are planning to visit the Bamboo Eco-park, here are a few tips:
- Wear comfortable shoes: There are a lot of walking trails in the park, so it is important to wear comfortable shoes.
- Bring a hat and sunscreen: The park can get very hot during the day, so it is important to bring a hat and sunscreen to protect yourself from the sun.
- Be respectful of the seminarians: The park is located on the property of the St. Francis Xavier Seminary. Please be respectful of the seminarians who live and study on the property.
- Leave no trace: Please pack out all of your trash and leave the park clean for the next visitors.
The Bamboo Eco-park is a beautiful and tranquil place to enjoy the natural beauty of Baguio. The park is open to the public and is a great place for a relaxing day out. Whether you are a nature lover or simply looking for a place to relax and escape the hustle and bustle of city life, the Bamboo Eco-park is a great option.