Benguet, a province in the Philippines, has set its sights on making history by orchestrating an awe-inspiring attempt to secure a Guinness World Record. The ambitious endeavor involves organizing the largest and longest Bendian Dance ever witnessed, a cultural spectacle deeply ingrained in Benguet's traditions.
A Cultural Extravaganza: The Bendian Dance Unveiled
The Bendian Dance, also known as Bendayan or Bindiyan, is a circle dance with historical roots celebrating the triumphs of successful headhunters. Typically featured in Benguet's festive occasions, this dance has evolved over time, transforming its circular movements into various formations and interpretations. Symbolizing unity and harmony, the dance has become an integral part of Benguet's rich cultural tapestry.
Adivay Festival 2017: A Pinnacle of Innovation
In a groundbreaking move, the 2017 Adivay Festival at Wangal Stadium witnessed around 1,500 students from Benguet National High School participating in this mesmerizing Bendian Dance. Traditionally confined to smaller circles, this year's celebration marked a paradigm shift as thousands gathered to form the largest Bendian Dance Circle ever recorded.
The Vision: Guinness World Records
Motivated by the desire to etch Benguet's name in history, the local government has set its sights on entering this remarkable event into the Guinness Book of World Records. The goal is to secure recognition for orchestrating the longest and largest Bendian Dance Circle ever documented.
Aspiring to Surpass: A Challenge from India
The Kaikottikali dance of India currently holds the record for the largest line dance, boasting over 5,000 dancers and an audience exceeding 55,000 people. Benguet's aspiration to surpass this benchmark demands meticulous planning, dedication, and community involvement.
Blueprint for Success: Key Steps to Achieve the Record
Participant Registration and Training:
- Streamline participant registration for accurate headcount.
- Conduct rigorous training sessions to ensure flawless execution of Bendian Dance movements.
- Secure a spacious and compliant venue like Wangal Stadium.
- Collaborate with local authorities for seamless event logistics.
Documentation and Verification:
- Appoint official record keepers and capture comprehensive video footage.
- Compile witness statements and documentation for Guinness World Records verification.
Guinness World Records Guidelines:
- Adhere strictly to Guinness World Records guidelines to prevent disqualification.
- Foster community involvement and encourage widespread attendance.
- Submit thorough documentation promptly to Guinness World Records for official verification.
Celebrate and Promote:
- Celebrate the achievement and leverage it for global promotion of Bendian Dance and Adivay Festival.
Conclusion: A Journey into the Record Books
Benguet's endeavor to secure a Guinness World Record for the largest and longest Bendian Dance is a testament to the province's commitment to preserving and celebrating its cultural heritage. As the community converges in Wangal Stadium, they not only aim to break records but also to showcase the unity and harmony embedded in the heart of Benguet's traditions. Let's anticipate this historic moment with excitement, as Benguet endeavors to dance its way into the prestigious Guinness World Records.