Kaparkan Falls, also known as Mulawin Falls, is a hidden gem located in the Cordillera Region of the Philippines, in the province of Abra. It is a multi-tiered waterfall with spring terraces that are best experienced during the rainy season.
Kaparkan Falls was discovered in 2015 and has since become one of Abra's prime tourist destinations. It is known for its unique beauty and its challenging trek.
To reach Kaparkan Falls, you must first travel to the town of Tineg, Abra. From there, you can take a "giant truck" to the falls. The ride is like a roller coaster by land, so be prepared for a bumpy ride.
Once you arrive at the falls, you will need to hike down to the main fall. The hike takes about 20-30 minutes, depending on your pace. The limestone steps can be slippery, so be careful.
When you reach the main fall, you will be rewarded with stunning views of the cascading water and the unique spring terraces. You can swim in the pools at the bottom of the falls or simply relax and enjoy the scenery.
Here are some tips for visiting Kaparkan Falls:
- Book your visit in advance with the local tourism office or a tour group. All travelers need to secure slots before they are permitted to visit. This process was put in place to prevent overcrowding and to help maintain the beauty of Kaparkan Falls.
- Wear comfortable shoes and clothing that you don't mind getting wet.
- Bring water and snacks, as there are no vendors at the falls.
- Be careful when hiking down to the falls, as the limestone steps can be slippery.
- Leave no trace. Please pack out all of your trash.
What to expect at Kaparkan Falls
Kaparkan Falls is a beautiful and unique waterfall, but it is important to be prepared for the challenges of getting there. The trek to the falls can be slippery and strenuous, and the ride on the "giant truck" is not for the faint of heart.
However, once you reach the falls, you will be rewarded with stunning views and a chance to experience one of the Philippines' hidden gems.
Here are some things you can expect at Kaparkan Falls:
- Unique spring terraces: Kaparkan Falls is known for its unique spring terraces. These terraces are formed by the cascading water from the falls, and they are home to a variety of plants and animals.
- Challenging trek: The trek to Kaparkan Falls can be slippery and strenuous. It is important to wear comfortable shoes and be prepared for a workout.
- Stunning views: The views from Kaparkan Falls are simply stunning. You can see the cascading water, the lush green mountains, and the unique spring terraces.
- A chance to experience nature: Kaparkan Falls is a great place to experience nature at its best. You can swim in the pools at the bottom of the falls, relax and enjoy the scenery, or go for a hike in the surrounding mountains.
How to get to Kaparkan Falls
Kaparkan Falls is located in the town of Tineg, Abra. To get to Tineg, you can take a bus or car from Manila. The bus ride takes about 6-7 hours, and the car ride takes about 5-6 hours.
Once you arrive in Tineg, you can take a "giant truck" to the falls. The ride takes about 30-45 minutes.
When to visit Kaparkan Falls
The best time to visit Kaparkan Falls is during the rainy season, which runs from June to October. During the rainy season, the falls are at their fullest and the spring terraces are lush and green.
However, it is important to note that the falls can be dangerous during the rainy season, due to the strong currents. It is important to be careful when swimming in the pools at the bottom of the falls.
Kaparkan Falls is a hidden gem in the Cordillera Mountains of the Philippines. It is a beautiful and unique waterfall with spring terraces that are best experienced during the rainy season.
While the trek to the falls can be challenging, the views and the experience are well worth it. If you are looking for an adventure and a chance to experience nature at its best, be sure to add Kaparkan Falls to your list of places to visit.