Vjnhyl Zam Alvendia Pondivida has made history as Benguet State University's first Summa Cum Laude. For 107 years, no one has been able to achieve this honor.
Vjnhyl is from Pozorrubio, Pangasinan, and she came to BSU with the goal of becoming a development communication graduate with the highest Latin honor, Bachelor of Science in Development Communication.
However, she also wanted to make a difference in the world, so she balanced her studies with campus journalism, community engagements, and volunteer work.
"I believe that it is important to not only excel in academics, but also to give time and effort to community service," she said. "Serving the community is what fuels me."
Vjnhyl's college life was not without its challenges. She faced moments of self-doubt, failure, and rejection. But she persevered, believing that these experiences were all part of her learning and growth.
The COVID-19 pandemic also presented challenges for Vjnhyl. She struggled academically, financially, and mentally. But with the support of her family and friends, she was able to overcome these challenges.
After graduation, Vjnhyl plans to enter the academe and teach community journalism. She also wants to continue her advocacy for social justice and development.
"I believe that learning is a lifelong process," she said. "I will continue to hone my skills and knowledge so that I can be an effective advocate for change."
Vjnhyl's story is an inspiration to us all. She shows us that anything is possible if we set our minds to it and never give up on our dreams.
Here are some of the challenges Vjnhyl faced and how she overcame them:
- Self-doubt: Vjnhyl said that she often doubted herself, especially when she was faced with difficult challenges. But she learned to overcome her self-doubt by reminding herself of her strengths and by surrounding herself with supportive people.
- Failure: Vjnhyl said that she experienced failure many times throughout her college career. But she learned to learn from her failures and to use them as motivation to keep going.
- Rejection: Vjnhyl said that she was rejected from many opportunities throughout her college career. But she learned to not let rejection define her and to keep pursuing her dreams.
- COVID-19 pandemic: The COVID-19 pandemic presented many challenges for Vjnhyl, both academically and personally. But she learned to adapt to the challenges and to persevere through difficult times.
Despite these challenges, Vjnhyl persevered and achieved her goal of becoming Benguet State University's first Summa Cum Laude. She is an inspiration to us all and shows us that anything is possible if we set our minds to it and never give up on our dreams.
When Vjnhyl was informed that she had become Benguet State University's first Summa Cum Laude, she was humbled and grateful. She said that it was a dream come true and that she was proud to represent her school and her province.
"It feels surreal, but overall I am extremely happy," she said. "This award is not just about me. I want to dedicate it to all the graduands who gave their best efforts and showed tenacity even in the days of uncertainty. The undertakings and learning never stop here. This is a humbling moment, and we will continue to learn and serve more."
What can we learn from Vjnhyl's story?
We can learn a lot from Vjnhyl's story. Here are a few key takeaways:
- Anything is possible if we work hard and never give up on our dreams.
- Failure is a part of the learning process. Don't let it define you.
- Surround yourself with supportive people who believe in you.
- Don't let rejection stop you from pursuing your dreams.
- Adapt to change and persevere through difficult times.
Vjnhyl Zam Alvendia Pondivida is an inspiration to us all. She is a role model for young people who are striving to make a difference in the world. We are so proud of her for her achievements and we look forward to seeing what she accomplishes in the future.