Arthur Soriano Jr, a proud Igorot from Benguet province, has won one of the seven titles of the recently concluded Hari ng Pilipinas (HNP) 2021.
The Hari ng Pilipinas 2021 held its first-ever coronation night, dubbed as "Ang Huling Laban," on Sunday, December 12th, in Cauayan, Isabela.
From over 100+ candidates down to forty-one (41), Soriano represented the province of Benguet and was able to make it to the Top 12 of the competition and later bagged one of the seven titles as "Datu Matikas" and the "Pinakamakisig na Mandirigma" (Best in Warrior Costume) special award.
The 20-year-old Full-Blooded Igorot from Kapangan and Buguias, Benguet who stands 5'7" tall thanked all his supporters in a Facebook post.
"First of all, I would like to thank God for this blessing. To my Family and Friends who never gave up on me and pushed me beyond my limits, salasalamat en dakayo amin 🙏," he said.
Arthur Soriano Jr. as Hari Ng Pilipinas - Datu Matikas will be representing the Philippines in the Mister World Heritage 2022 in India.
Complete list of Hari ng Pilipinas 2021 winners:
Hari ng Pilipinas 2021: Jerson Mendez, Marinduque
Unang Lakan (1st runner-up): Kevin Escopel, Iloilo City
Ikalawang Lakan (2nd runner-up): Kenn Dayandayan, Ormoc City
Datu Makatao: Joshua Duran, Dumaguete City
Datu Marunong: Vinz Troy Godelosao, Bohol
Datu Marangal: Kjel Velasco, Pampanga
Datu Matikas: Arthur Soriano, Jr., Benguet
- Leyte Province
- Oriental Mindoro
- Nueva Ecija
- Southern Leyte
- Dagupan City
- Davao Oriental
- Urdaneta City
- Negros Oriental
- Cebu City
- Tagbilaran City
- Bacolod City
- Quezon City
- San Juan City, NE
- Hari ng Pilipinas Luzon: Oriental Mindoro
- Hari ng Pilipinas NCR: Quezon City
- Hari ng Pilipinas Visayas: Leyte Province
- Hari ng Pilipinas Mindanao: Davao Oriental
- Mister Friendship: Dumaguete City
- Best in Warrior Costume: Benguet
- Highest Internet Votes: Leyte Province
- Best in Talent: Dagupan City
- Mister Photogenic: Negros Oriental
- Best in Swimwear: Nueva Ecija
- Best in Fashion Wear: Bohol
- Best in Modern Barong Tagalog: Pampanga