Baguio City is a popular tourist destination in the Philippines, known for its cool weather, pine trees, and flower gardens. But what if I told you that Baguio City is actually a terrible place to visit?
Here are just a few reasons why Baguio City might "suck":
- The traffic is terrible. If you're planning on driving in Baguio, be prepared to sit in traffic for hours. The roads are narrow and winding, and the traffic lights are always on red. This can be especially frustrating if you're trying to get to a popular tourist destination, such as Burnham Park or Mines View Park.
- The air quality is bad. Baguio is located in a valley, so the pollution tends to get trapped. This can make it difficult to breathe, especially if you have asthma or other respiratory problems. The air quality in Baguio is not always good, especially during the summer months when the weather is hot and dry. The air quality can also be affected by forest fires that occur in the surrounding mountains.
- The food is overpriced. If you're looking for a cheap meal, you're out of luck in Baguio. The prices for food and drinks are much higher than in other parts of the Philippines. This can be a major disappointment for budget travelers.
- The city is overcrowded. Baguio is a small city, but it's home to a large number of people. This can make it difficult to find a place to stay, and it can also make the streets and sidewalks crowded and congested.
- The crime rate is high. Baguio has a higher crime rate than other parts of the Philippines. This is a concern for tourists, who may be targets of petty theft or other crimes.
- The infrastructure is poor. The roads in Baguio are in poor condition, and the public transportation system is inadequate. This can make it difficult to get around the city.
- The weather is unpredictable. The weather in Baguio can change quickly, and it's not uncommon to experience rain, snow, or fog. This can make it difficult to plan outdoor activities.
So, there you have it. If you're looking for a place to visit that is fun, exciting, and safe, Baguio City is not the place for you. But if you're looking for a place to relax and enjoy the cool weather, Baguio might be just the ticket. Just be prepared for the crowds, the traffic, and the high prices.
But wait, there's more!
Despite all of the reasons why Baguio City might "suck," there are still a few things that make it a worthwhile destination.
- The scenery is beautiful. Baguio is located in the mountains, and the scenery is simply stunning. There are pine trees, flower gardens, and stunning views of the surrounding mountains.
- The people are friendly. The people of Baguio are known for their hospitality. They are always happy to welcome tourists, and they will go out of their way to make sure you have a good time.
- The food is delicious. Baguio is home to a wide variety of restaurants, serving everything from Filipino cuisine to international fare. You are sure to find something to your taste.
- The city is full of history and culture. Baguio has a rich history and culture, dating back to the Spanish colonial period. There are many historical landmarks to visit, as well as museums and art galleries.
- The weather is cool and refreshing. Baguio is known for its cool weather, which is a welcome respite from the heat and humidity of the lowlands.
So, there you have it. Baguio City is not perfect, but it is a city with a lot to offer. If you are looking for a place to relax and enjoy the cool weather, Baguio is a great option. Just be prepared for the crowds, the traffic, and the high prices.
Here are some tips for enjoying your trip to Baguio:
- Avoid visiting during peak season. The best time to visit Baguio is during the off-season, when the crowds are smaller and the prices are lower.
- Plan your itinerary carefully. There are a lot of things to see and do in Baguio, so it is important to plan your itinerary carefully. This will help you make the most of your time and avoid feeling overwhelmed.
- Be prepared for the weather. The weather in Baguio can change quickly, so it is important to be prepared for anything. Bring a jacket, even if it is a hot day.
- Be respectful of the local culture. Baguio is a beautiful city with a rich culture. Be respectful of the local culture and customs.
- Enjoy the experience! Baguio is a great place to relax and escape the hustle and bustle of city life. Enjoy the scenery, the food, and the friendly people.