The 2021 Metrobank Foundation Outstanding Filipinos have been introduced to the public during a virtual press conference held on August 6, 2021. As a career-service award for Filipino exemplars in the academe, military, and police sectors-ten (10) Metrobank Foundation Outstanding Filipinos are recognized composed of 4 teachers, 3 soldiers, and 3 police officers.
Two Igorots were named as part of the 2021 batch of Metrobank Foundation's outstanding Filipinos.
TSGT Jake P. Belino - Philippine Air Force's Humanitarian Assistance and Disaster Response Vanguard
TSgt. Jake P. Belino's operational experience and technical expertise have landed him in commanding roles of several disaster or incident response activities, primarily in the management of missing persons and those who departed, as well as search, rescue, and retrieval operations.
Among his notable stints were leading the organized teams during the Marawi strife and mass casualty landslide in Benguet due to Typhoon Ompong.
The local government likewise taps TSgt. Belino for his know-how and field experience in emergency response as well as Disaster Risk Reduction and Management.
The Department of Interior and Local Government adopted his tactical innovations in authoring the country's first training package for management of dead and missing persons (MDM) which was cascaded to different regions.
PLTCOL Jonathan Pablito - Western Visayas' Organizational and Community Transformation Lead Strategist
Police Lieutenant Colonel Jonathan P. Pablito, Assistant Chief, Regional Police Strategy Management Unit, Police Regional Office 6 Camp General Martin Delgado, Fort San Pedro, Iloilo City is among the recipients of the 2021 Metrobank Foundation Outstanding Filipino Police Officers.
P/Lt. Col. Jonathan Pablito's expertise in institutional reforms and strategic communication served as critical foundations when he took on the massive responsibility of ensuring institutional buy-in and ownership on the PNP's Integrated Transformation Program, dubbed as P.A.T.R.O.L.
Plan 2030 or "Peace and Order Agenda for Transformation and the upholding of the Rule of Law." As Chief of Strategic Communication, he took the lead in developing, implementing, and monitoring the program's communication plan, thereby promoting understanding as well as inspiring support among PNP personnel and community stakeholders.
Likewise, P/Lt. Col. Pablito initiated stakeholder-oriented interventions when he took the helm of Iloilo City Proper and Malay-Boracay police stations-steering his units in drastically reducing crime volume while fostering community engagements that proved effective for peace and order management during critical incidents.
Recipients of the 2021 Metrobank Foundation Outstanding Filipino Award
Metrobank Foundation Outstanding Filipinos exemplify the true meaning of "Beyond Excellence," whose contributions speak of service beyond one's self but also to their sectors and in the larger community, inspiring their peers. Their service and community involvement have helped shape better communities and created a lasting positive impact upon the people.
Recipients of the 2021 Metrobank Foundation Outstanding Filipino Award for Teachers are:
- Lou Sabrina S. Ongkiko, Master Teacher I, Culiat Elementary School (Quezon City)
- Jason B. Albaro, Teacher III, Muntinlupa National High School Main (Muntinlupa City)
- Maria Minerva P. Calimag, M.D., M.Sc., Ph. D., Professor 5, College of Medicine, University of Santo Tomas (City of Manila)
- Iris Thiele Isip-Tan, M.D., M.Sc., Professor 10, College of Medicine, University of the Philippines Manila (City of Manila)
Recipients of the 2021 Metrobank Foundation Outstanding Filipino Award for Soldiers are:
- Technical Sergeant Jake P. Belino, PAF, Non-Commissioned Officer in Charge, Civil Military Operations Tactical Operations Group 1, Tactical Operations Wing Northern Luzon, (Baguio City)
- Lieutenant Colonel Elmer M. Boongaling, PA, Executive Officer, Office of the Assistant Chief of Staff for Plans, G5, Philippine Army, Fort Bonifacio (Taguig City)
- Colonel Augusto N. Padua, PAF, Executive Officer, Office of the Assistant Chief of Air Staff for Operations, A-3, Philippine Air Force, Villamor Airbase (Pasay City)
Recipients of the 2021 Metrobank Foundation Outstanding Filipino Police Officers are:
- Police Senior Master Sergeant Mary Joy B. Ylanan, Police Community Relations PNCO, Bogo City Police Station (Bogo City, Cebu)
- Police Lieutenant Colonel Gerard Ace J. Pelare, Chief of Police, Talisay City Poice Station (Talisay City, Cebu)
- Police Lieutenant Colonel Jonathan P. Pablito, Assistant Chief, Regional Police Strategy Management Unit, Police Regional Office 6 Camp General Martin Delgado, Fort San Pedro, (Iloilo City)
Each awardee will be awarded a cash prize of PHP 1 million each (net of tax), a golden medallion, and "The Flame" trophy during the conferment ceremonies on September 2 as part of Metrobank's 59th-anniversary celebration.