Welcome to the Igorotage community blog! Share your stories with the biggest online Igorot community and reach over 400,000 monthly visitors from all around the world.
We get it, you have an idea you've always wanted to share but sometimes struggle with where to publish it. Social networking sites? Sure, but limited features. Blogging platforms? Sure, you start your blog, you incorporate a professional design, make it work, build an audience, and stuffs like that.
But do you have the time? We know you're busy, and when you're not, you're probably spending quality time with your family and friends. Here at Igorotage, we value your time and what you have to say. Start writing, save it, edit it next time, edit it the next day, and publish it when you're done.
We love sharing ideas here at Igorotage. It's good for the site, it's good for the readers, and it's good for you. This community blog can be an outlet for your thoughts, ideas, and a whole lot more. Ready to get started?
Here are some helpful tips, guidelines, and information about the publishing process to keep in mind.
We prefer if the reason you are writing is that you have something you exceedingly much want to share. You are enthusiastic about it and you're ready to tell people about it.
Essentially, this site focuses mostly on celebrating the Igorot identity, featuring inspiring people, and promoting the beauty of the Cordillera region, but we're not opposed to anything as long as it's related - at least somewhat.
Make sure your article has a clear value to our readers so they can pick up something in a way that will influence their day-to-day lives.
Culture and Traditions
Igorotage is a dedicated platform to learn and share about the Igorot history, art, culture and tradition, and anything in between. We encourage everyone to share their knowledge. This is how we preserve our heritage!
The Igorot are a minority and there is discrimination due to misinformation. It is sad to see misrepresentations of Igorot in books and even on the internet. If this online community could help dispel some misconceptions about the Igorot, then it would have served its purpose.
Igorotage is an out-of-the-box solution to show and tell the beauty of the Cordillera region. Share your travel, promote your hometown, become a tourism advocate!
Igorotage is about uplifting others. We love to celebrate the inspiring stories of fellow Igorot and their amazing achievements!
Share your inspiring story!
Opinion, News, Press Release
Igorotage is a community that makes sense. Spark meaningful discussions, raise awareness, help others, and share what matters most with the world. We'd love to hear what you have to say!
Articles on Igorotage are written using Markdown. Markdown is a minimal syntax for marking up your documents with formatting, using punctuation, and special characters.
You don't have to use Markdown, you can just use plain text.
For those new to Markdown, this guide will help you become familiar with the full list of shortcuts and a few of our additions.
Note: All HTML is valid Markdown. If you're stuck not able to format your content how you would like (for example using tables) you can always use plain HTML instead of Markdown.
Always good: a healthy amount of images, examples, and (related) external links.
Igorotage has always been the best resource when it comes to "anything Igorot".
Not to tap our own back but we pride ourselves on building the first and only Igorot community on the web, the first and only social networking site in the Cordillera region, probably the Philippines.
Compose your first article and let's do this.
Why are you still here?
This is how it's going to work.
Create an Igorotage account.
Although you can send your stories via email, we prefer if you create an Igorotage account. Creating an account takes less than a minute and stories sent via email are given less priority.
Publishing your content is pretty much straightforward, we'll guide you along the way!
Things to keep in mind.
- No pornography.
- Avoid copyright infringement.
- Avoid clickbait headlines. Do not use exaggerated titles.
- Do not republish. If your article has already been published on another platform, we ask that you delete it first before being published on the Igorotage platform.
- Please note that we reserve the right to add links from contextual phrases in the article to other articles in Igorotage, without changing the original meaning. We may also add relevant images and format the article content.
- You can publish your articles in any language.
- Do not sell. If you're trying to directly sell your product or service, good luck with that, but we don't do that here. Please make sure to read our Terms of Service to check on any Prohibited Products and Restricted Products list which we support, but with additional documentation and/or differing terms.
- To maintain the quality and unprejudiced nature of our online community, we reserve the privilege to remove articles that do not comply with our community guidelines- with or without warning.
- If you love writing, but would like the idea of having an assignment to write about, the community has a lot of questions.