I've always been a strawberry lover, so when I had the chance to visit the Strawberry Farm La Trinidad in the Philippines, I was beyond excited. The farm is located in the province of Benguet, in the cool climate of the Cordillera Mountains. It's known for its fresh strawberries, which are grown in the rich volcanic soil of the region.
I arrived at the farm early in the morning, just as the sun was coming up. The air was crisp and cool, and the smell of strawberries was in the air. I could see the strawberry fields stretching out before me, and I couldn't wait to start picking.
I bought a basket and headed out into the fields. The strawberries were ripe and juicy, and I couldn't resist popping a few into my mouth as I picked. The strawberries were so sweet and delicious, and I felt like a kid in a candy store.
After I had picked my fill of strawberries, I took a break to enjoy the scenery. The farm is absolutely breathtaking, with rolling hills, lush green forests, and snow-capped mountains in the distance. I could see the clouds drifting through the valley, and I felt like I was in a painting.
I also took some time to explore the farm. There are walking trails, picnic areas, and a strawberry museum on the property. I learned a lot about the history of strawberry farming in the Philippines, and I even got to see some of the old machinery that was used to harvest strawberries in the past.
Of course, no visit to the Strawberry Farm La Trinidad would be complete without trying some of the strawberry-themed snacks and souvenirs. I bought some strawberry ice cream, strawberry jam, and strawberry taho. The ice cream was creamy and delicious, the jam was perfect for spreading on toast, and the taho was refreshing and flavorful.
I had such a great time at the Strawberry Farm La Trinidad. It was a truly unforgettable experience, and I would definitely recommend it to anyone who loves strawberries.
Here are some tips for your visit to the Strawberry Farm La Trinidad:
- Visit during the peak season, from November to May, for the best strawberry picking experience.
- Wear comfortable shoes and sunscreen. You will be doing a lot of walking and the weather can be hot in the summer.
- Bring a camera to capture your memories of the farm.
- Be prepared to get dirty. You may get some strawberry juice on your clothes or hands.
- Be respectful of the farmers and their property.
- Enjoy your time at the farm!
Here are some additional details about the Strawberry Farm La Trinidad:
- The farm is located in the municipality of La Trinidad, which is about 10 kilometers from Baguio City.
- The farm is open from 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM, every day.
- The entrance fee to the farm is PHP 50 (about USD 1).
- The cost of picking strawberries is PHP 200-450 per kilogram (about USD 3-7).
- The farm also has a variety of strawberry-themed souvenirs and snacks, such as strawberry ice cream, strawberry jam, and strawberry taho.
- The Strawberry Farm La Trinidad is a great place to visit for a fun and delicious day out. The farm is family-friendly and there is something for everyone to enjoy.
I hope this article has inspired you to visit the Strawberry Farm La Trinidad! It's a truly magical place, and I know you'll have a wonderful time.