The Cordillera Administrative Region (CAR) is a stunning region in the Philippines that is home to some of the most breathtaking scenery in the country. From the towering Banaue Rice Terraces to the rugged Mount Pulag, there is something for everyone in the Cordillera.
This article will provide you with everything you need to know to plan your trip to the Cordillera. We will cover the best places to visit, the best time to go, and the best ways to get around. We will also provide you with some tips on how to make the most of your trip.
Best Places to Visit in the Cordillera
- Banaue Rice Terraces: The Banaue Rice Terraces are one of the most popular tourist destinations in the Philippines. These ancient terraces were carved into the mountains by the Ifugao people over 2,000 years ago. They are a UNESCO World Heritage Site and are considered to be one of the most amazing engineering feats in the world.
- Sagada: Sagada is a small town in the Mountain Province that is known for its stunning scenery, its traditional culture, and its many caves. The town is also home to the Sagada Hanging Coffins, which are a unique burial practice that has been used by the Igorot people for centuries.
- Baguio City: Baguio City is the capital of the Cordillera Administrative Region and is known as the "Summer Capital of the Philippines." The city is located in the mountains and is surrounded by lush forests. Baguio is a popular destination for people who want to escape the heat of the lowlands.
- Mount Pulag: Mount Pulag is the highest mountain in Luzon and is a popular destination for hikers and mountaineers. The mountain is located in the Mountain Province and is home to a variety of plant and animal life.
- Kalinga: Kalinga is a province in the Cordillera Administrative Region that is known for its indigenous culture. The province is home to the Kalinga people, who are known for their traditional dress, their tattoos, and their rich traditional practices.
- Bontoc: Bontoc is the capital of the Mountain Province and is known for its traditional culture. The town is home to the Bontoc people, who are known for their traditional dress, their tattoos, and their rice terraces.
Best Time to Visit the Cordillera
The best time to visit the Cordillera is during the dry season, which is from November to May. However, the region can be visited year-round.
How to Get Around the Cordillera
The best way to get around the Cordillera is by car. There are also a number of buses and vans that travel between the major cities in the region.
Tips for Planning Your Trip to the Cordillera
- Do your research: Before you go, be sure to do your research and plan your trip carefully. This will help you make the most of your time in the Cordillera.
- Be flexible: The Cordillera is a mountainous region and the weather can change quickly. Be sure to be flexible with your plans and be prepared for anything.
- Respect the culture: The Cordillera is home to a number of indigenous cultures. Be sure to respect their culture and traditions.
- Have fun: The Cordillera is a beautiful and fascinating region. Be sure to relax and enjoy your time there.
The Cordillera Administrative Region is a stunning region in the Philippines that is home to some of the most breathtaking scenery in the country. If you are looking for an amazing travel destination, the Cordillera is definitely worth considering.